MAC-Ed was created to design and deliver cooperative higher learning and development programs for all co-op stakeholders, in the Midwest. Programs are created for every level of your organization, including managers, board chairs and directors, financial professionals, emerging leaders, entry-level staff and interns. Our offerings are driven by and crafted from feedback from a cross-section of our membership, industries and states. As Jessica Gordon Nembhard, Ph.D., a 2016 Cooperative Hall of Fame Inductee said, “Being involved in a co-op can build leadership development skills, and continuous cooperative education is invaluable for employees, board members and member-owners.”
MAC-Ed operates as a 501c3 funded by pooled resources from grants, sponsorships and member dues. This model enables MAC-Ed to leverage the strengths and resources of each MACC Member and co-op stakeholder, to provide a distinctive portfolio of programs and services at an affordable rate.
MAC-Ed updates programs annually to insure they are relevant. We secure content experts from a broad range of industries, to keep programs diverse and applicable to contemporary challenges. We actively engage our network of professional instructors, consultants and subject matter experts to solve new co-op issues and meet the learning and development needs of each unique member co-op.
- Board Chair/Vice Chair Roundtable
- Co-ops 101
- Custom Programs
- Director Education
- Financial Programs
- Illinois Youth Conference
- Cooperative Leadership Forum
Past Comments from Program Attendees:
- “The programs I have attended have been well done and a good value, very good speakers.”
- “The council is doing a superb job, especially in its workshop services.”
- “I believe the Mid America Cooperative Council has great educational programs and services for cooperative businesses.”
- “While budgets are tight and everyone only wants to spend money on what helps the business today, I really feel we need to invest more in the future generation of cooperative members and employees. More middle and high school programs today will pay huge dividends in the future.”
- ” I value the customized training for individual co-ops.”